By Jiayue He, Jennifer Rexford, Mung Chiang (auth.), Graham Cormode, Marina Thottan (eds.)
With the sunrise of this new century, we're now at the verge of increasing the inspiration of what we suggest to speak. a brand new iteration of "netizens" are poised to leverage the web for a myriad diverse functions that we have got now not anticipated to date. this may require that the net be versatile and adapt to house the necessities of subsequent new release functions.
This vital and well timed quantity provides a accomplished survey of the algorithms and methodologies shortly utilized in the layout and deployment of the net. problems with community layout, community operations and administration, and rising functions are mentioned through a set of specialists at the algorithmic foundations of the net. overlaying issues on the intersection of algorithms and networking, the booklet builds a whole photograph of the present nation of study on subsequent new release networks and the demanding situations for the years ahead.
Topics and features
* incorporates a Foreword via Charles R. Kalmanek, and contributions from major researchers within the field
* Outlines the targets for optimization in community layout, contemplating optimizability of protocols and the optimal placement of community performance, and proposing the assumption of Valiant load balancing
* Investigates the impression of actual community features within the layout of sturdy community companies, protecting algorithms used for optimum potential provisioning in optical networks, spectrum administration in instant networks, cross-layer algorithms and source allocation difficulties in mobile networks
* Explores algorithms for overlay networks which reflect on the interactions of alternative overlay networks and take into consideration the coexistence of underlay companies within the simple community infrastructure
* Examines the problem of processing packets at excessive speeds, surveying Hash-based thoughts for top velocity packet processing and speedy packet trend matching algorithms
* Discusses the problem of community administration within the face of ever expanding heterogeneity in functions, surveying anomaly detection techniques and community tracking
* studies the algorithmic suggestions in the back of rising functions, surveying the evolution of net seek purposes, on-line gaming and social networking
Promoting an intensive figuring out of the algorithms utilized by the web this present day because the serious foundation for the improvement of recent algorithms that may shape the longer term web, this crucial textual content might be of curiosity to a huge readership – from graduate scholars to researchers in information networking.
Dr. Graham Cormode is a Technical professional at AT&T Labs learn. Dr. Marina Thottan is a Member of Technical employees at Bell Labs Research.